Highmount Preschool is a proudly independent, community managed kindergarten, overseen by a parent volunteer Committee of Management. We offer both three and four year old kindergarten programs, delivered by qualified, experienced, and caring Educators in a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment.
Our educational programs incorporate the National Early Years Learning Framework: Being, Belonging and Becoming, with a strong emphasis on inclusive, play based strategies. Children at Highmount Preschool enjoy both indoor and outdoor play elements, with purpose built spaces and structure to promote socialisation, imaginative play and physical activity. We believe that children excel when they play, learn and grow together.
We look forward to welcoming your family to our community!
- To provide an optimal learning environment with a focus on a happy and inclusive learning experience for all children.
- To support children to develop self-awareness, individual skills and attributes through collaborative play.
- To contribute to the development of each child’s foundation for learning, both academically and socially, preparing them for future learning success.
- To ensure that our learning environment is fun, nurturing and sustainable.
Our Preschool program is designed to support children in expanding their world from the comfort of their family network, to successfully being a member of a broader community. We understand that children learn through play, therefore we provide a fun and supportive program which encourages:
- Self-awareness and confidence
- Broader community social skills
- Listening and observation skills
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Investigation and inquiry skills
Our Kindness Tree, our entry to ‘Dreaming From The Heart’ Youth Art for Reconciliation 2021.