At Highmount Preschool we plan, evaluate and implement a child-centred program based on the principles outlined in the Victorian Early Years Framework (VEYLDF) and the National Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) – Belonging, Being and Becoming.
Our Vision, Our Purpose
We believe extending and enriching children’s learning will maximise their potential and develop a foundation for future success and learning.
Therefore, concerning children, we believe:
- Our priority is to ensure the safety, health and wellbeing of children according to the Child Safe Standards.
- Each and every child has the right to quality education and care, regardless of their background, ethnicity, culture, language, beliefs, gender, age, socioeconomic status, level of ability, additional needs, family structure or lifestyle in accordance with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Nurturing helps children to feel respected, self-confident, trusted, responsible, independent and acknowledged for their individuality.
- Children should be provided with the opportunity to adopt environmentally friendly practices.
- Children’s individual development needs, interests and experiences should be recognised, embraced and supported.
- Children should be treated equitability and with respect.
- Promoting inclusive practices ensures the successful participation of all children.
Therefore, concerning families, we believe:
- Families bring with them the knowledge of the whole child and that home and family is the primary source of learning for children.
- Trust, respect and collaboration forms the basis for strong partnerships between families and educators to ensure that their child’s needs are being met.
- Families should be encouraged to engage in meaningful participation within the program.
- In engagement and partnerships between families through community, social events, excursions, working bees and fundraising activities.
- In open and constructive communication with families which includes discussions, child portfolios, daily reflections and newsletters.
Therefore, concerning educators, we are committed to:
- Employing qualified educators who are dedicated to advancing the best interests of children and families.
- Encouraging on-going professional development in the field of early childhood education.
- Working together as a team to help create a supportive, happy and productive work environment.
- Employing professionals who adhere to the Early Childhood Australia Code of Ethics (Feb 2016)